The No B.S. Class on Freelance Writing
Launch Your Freelance Writing Career
The No B.S. Class on Freelance Writing is designed to kickstart your freelance writing career. Taught by freelance writer and author Ian Chandler, this 4-week course will prepare you for a lifelong career in freelance writing. You'll learn trade secrets and invaluable tips that would otherwise take years to discover. You'll be able to get insightful advice from a professional writer who's made it and learn how to apply that advice to your own career.
If you've been waiting to start a freelance writing career but didn't know where to start, this class is for you.
- A 4-week training program to launch your freelance writing career.
- Comprehensive lessons that cover every aspect of freelancing, including getting started, finding high-paying clients, marketing yourself, pitching, building authority, and so much more.
- Weekly live webinars where Ian will answer your questions, share practical advice, and provide training on specific topics.
- Daily exercises and homework assignments to hone your skills so you can use them in real world settings.
- Learn concrete steps to take to get paid as a freelance writer.
Class officially starts on July 11th. You'll get daily study materials and a weekly webinar every Friday. Everything will be available on the Teachable platform, so you can access it any time. That means you'll be able to study at your own pace, replay the webinars, and refer back to the course content at any point, even once the class is finished.
Please note that we're going to adjust the curriculum based on student feedback. (The course is about you, after all!)
Each week (Monday–Friday) will contain 5 lessons chock full of helpful information on various topics. Ian will walk you step-by-step through the steps to building a successful writing career.
- Week 1: Getting Started (or Restarted)
- Branding Yourself
- Finding Your Niche
- Establishing An Online Presence
- The Freelance Writer’s Guide to Social Media
- Marketing Yourself
- Week 2: Setting Up Shop
- Marketing Yourself
- Full-Time vs. Part-Time
- Setting Rates Pt. 1
- Setting Rates Pt. 2
- The Writer's Tactical Toolbox
- Week 3: Breaking & Entering
- Establishing Authority In Your Niche
- The Job Seeking Survival Toolkit
- Developing a Job Seeking System
- Search Tactics
- Warning Signs
- Week 4: Growth
- Networking: Your Portfolio of Credibility
- What To Do When You Lose Work
- How to Plan Long-Term
- Learning What Can’t Be Taught
- Wrap-Up Webinar with Q&A
Who this class is for:
- Writers who want to kickstart their freelance writing career
- Writers who want to write for a living but don't know where to start
- Writers who have been too scared and need encouragement to bring their career to life
- Writers who want to work for private clients in a real world situation (working on descriptions, ad copy, etc.) and want to also freelance for magazines, blogs, newspapers, etc.
- Writers who were successful at one point but don't know how to make it in today's marketplace
Who this class is NOT for:
- Veteran writers already making a comfortable living with writing
- Writers who want to publish only creative writing
Ian Chandler is a narrative marketing consultant and the founder of Narrative Marketers, an online resource for story-minded professionals. He is the author of Narrative Marketing: Using Content Marketing To Turn People Into Heroes and The No B.S. Guide to Freelance Writing. He is Editor at Nukeblogger, and he writes for SitePoint, Freedom With Writing, and Haircut Inspiration.